May 3, 2014

1 Week and 3 Days Into My Challenge – Results...

The sun is shining brightly, birds are singing and welcoming summer into the cold and windy Sweden. You could guess that I am enjoying myself outside with my friends and a cold Coca-Cola that is burning my stomach, but in reality I also studied languages, and I am pretty happy with the results.

Since Add1Challenge has ended, I realized that I am currently not studying any language in particular, so I decided to start a new challenge, that I wrote about in the previous post. After 1 week and 3 days of some work I am ready to give you some insight into the process.

What I have done so far with my target languages – German and Swedish – is quite satisfying, and even though I didn't do my best, I am pretty content with the development of my language skills.

Since my challenge has started, I have read two BIG books in Swedish, namely „Korpens Sang” by Per Nilsson and „Kattoga” by Margaret Atwood (English title is „Cat's Eye”) and I have done some pretty intensive listening by sitting through a two hour long audition broadcasted on Swedish radio and then doing it again, but only for ¼ of the time. When it comes to German, I have done significantly less, because I only watched some videos in the language and wrote a short text.

Results?

I noticed small changes in my vocabulary and maybe even pronunciation when I speak Swedish – success. Now it's time for German, in which I haven't noticed any significant change...

That's all there is to it. I am currently preparing myself for the inevitable, namely, recording of a video completely in Swedish and I am really not happy with the idea, but I know that I have to do it already, so I will have to plan it out or something. It will appear on my YT channel soon.

Thanks for reading and keep following my journey.  I will maybe post something less babbly and more informative soon. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment